title

15.4.12

Are clogs comfortable...or acceptable?

SJP rocking the clog on the streets of NY

Recently, i've noticed a quiet movement across the streets of Soho. Well, quiet might not be the right word. Perhaps clip clopping might be better?

A great thing about working in Soho is that you're right in the heart of magazine land, and, consequently, the streets are paved with PRs, models, stylists and all the super fashionable people that make up that world. I'm inspired every day by different people's beautiful outfits, and my personal style has certainly changed a lot since i worked in East London- namely it's a lot more natty little jackets with jeans and jewelry, and less market stall mash up. Probably a good thing all round.

For the last couple of seasons there have been a LOT of solid soled shoes around, i've noticed a lot of people rocking what is effectively a clog! A clog? In Soho?! Of course, Swedish Hasbeens have been the clog du jour for a while now, but it wasn't until i saw my colleague Linda clopping around in her beautiful fawn ankle boots - with wooden heeled clog soles - and proclaiming that they actually ARE the most comfortable shoes in the world, that i truly became tempted to try it for myself.



I am a very lucky blogger, because the lovely Lotta From Stockholm offered me a pair of their braided clogs to try for myself. I wore them for a sunny day in Cornwall, so teamed them with a full on 70s ensemble of vintage coral skirt and stripy top. I wish it were warm enough to ditch the tights!

The shoes are made of good quality real leather, with a solid wooden base and a good grippy sole. When i first put them on they did feel a bit weird - i'm used to soft ballet pumps every day, and these are definitely not so forgiving! But within ten minutes of walking around the house the leather warmed up and hugged the shape of my feet, and i really didn't notice the 'hard' sole at all.


The wood is shaped like the contours of your feet, so they're actually pretty good for you! I'm planning to wear these with my pink jeans and jacket throughout the summer. Compared to many sandals, i reckon these could face the rush hour stampede no problem!

I'm definitely sold on clogs. Though i wouldn't wear them every day, they are quite heavy and probably would become a little tiring, they are completely suitable for my average commute/walking about.
If you're feeling the clog love, check out Lotta From Stockholm's range.


No comments:

Post a Comment