title

25.8.12

Recently....


The boy and i have just come back from a mini holiday in the New Forest. It was everything we needed, with good food, fresh air, long walks and endless ponies, dogs and mackerel. But more on that when i get my films developed!

Here's a little update on the million things that have been keeping me very very busy these last few weeks...



I worked with our good friend Alexander 6 and we designed the save the dates. We decided to go with postcards for now, with more formal folded cards and envelopes for the real invitation. These little beauties are just going out to our families and the close wedding party, everyone else can look forward to the proper things in nine months or so, when we have a few more details sorted!



We went to Hatton Garden to check out wedding rings, and if this were an interview in a wedding magazine my tip to all other brides and indeed people would be GO TO HATTON GARDEN! In case you've never been, it's London's jewellery quarter. There is a crossroads lined with little independent jewellery shops, selling everything from silver earrings to platinum tiaras. Since you are buying direct from the makers the prices are so good! I had my dream ring in mind, but didn't think we could afford it. Here, we went into six different shops, all offered to make it bespoke for me, all half the price of anywhere i'd seen it on the high street! We didn't order our rings yet, since we have plenty of time, but we will definitely get them in Hatton Garden.


Another thing that's been keeping me very busy is our ongoing (and at times painful) upholstery project! I know, it seems almost mythical now, but i promise it really does exist. Next weekend i have my mum coming to stay as we are going wedding dress shopping (eek!) So that's my incentive to get it finished this bank holiday weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me, and i'll try to keep mine out of the staple gun...


No comments:

Post a Comment