title

5.1.12

A chilli, a proposal, and a sapphire and diamond ring


Well, in case you haven't heard the news yet, i got engaged!!


The one thing i asked for for christmas was this recipe book, Mexican Food Made Simple by Thomasina Miers, the genius lady behind Mexican street food restaurant Wahaca, much loved by the boy and i. The first thing we decided to cook from it was the chilli, a slow cooking recipe using beef steak instead of the usual mince, which becomes soft enough to tear apart and mix with the delicious sauce.

Well, the chilli had been bubbling away for a couple of hours, we had taco shells, a sweetcorn and tomato salad and sour cream ready and were thoroughly enjoying an amazing meal in our cosy home. I'm not quite sure what happened, but the next thing i knew Dikki was on one knee on the living room floor asking 'will you marry me?'

I didn't know whether to believe him, but then he told me he'd already asked my Dad two days ago over christmas. He said he took the opportunity to ask Dad, as we don't live near my family, and he planned to then ask me at Valentines or some other romantic occasion, but he just couldn't hold it in any longer! So then i said yes, started crying, and never did finish my chilli!


The very next day he took me to Liberty, and we chose this diamond and sapphire edwardian style ring together. I love it, and it definitely helped me snap out of the shock and realise that it really wasn't all a dream!

So then readers, if you have any wedding planning tips, send them my way!

3 comments:

Kat said...

As if I wasn't already swooning enough, I then find out he let you choose a ring in Liberty! *swoons some more*

polly said...

Looking forward to the wedding! x

LauraLarue said...

Congratulations!! Beautiful ring

Post a Comment