title

12.9.11

Project Nigella: Clemmie Cupcakes


This weekend i made Clemmie Cupcakes - orange cakes with orange icing (that turned out pink)

I'm calling these Clemmie Cupcakes in honour of my friend and colleague Liana, who can proudly eat two bags of clementines in one setting. There should be a prize for that.


Last week i bought a whole set of piping nozzles from eBay. First on my hitlist of fancypants overachieving icing techniques was roses. This month on Food Network they are having cupcake month, and i've watched the two minute tutorial for this in just about every ad break, it looked pretty simple, and indeed it was! For a first go i was pretty pleased with how they came out.

However, Dikki wanted a go, and it all went downhill from there. We had piped willies, worms, general mess, piping on his arm, piping on the counter. There was a lot of laughter but needless to say my beautiful batch of cupcakes didn't turn out as beautiful as expected!


3 comments:

Addi said...

I've been watching that tutorial too, she makes it look so easy! as do you! proper good turnout for a first attempt!!
Addi x

Mace said...

It really was surprisingly easy! although my icing was definitely a bit too soft, she must have guns of steel to pipe that!
Heidi x

golfpunkgirl said...

my prize being more cupcakes please... :)

seriously guys, these were YUM. xxx

Post a Comment